8/24/2012

Wildlife Photography In Montana's Centennial Valley (P3)

We come to the last series of photos by amateur photographer William (Bill) Kleinfelder. While I realize I have devoted a lot of space to these photos, it is impossible to choose the 'best' when confronted with so many lovely images. Thus I have taken the liberty of sharing with you the majority of Bill's photos. I hope you have enjoyed looking at them as much as I have enjoyed showing them to you.

Have you ever tried to take a photograph of a moving car or person or anything not standing still? Not only does one face the challenge of capturing the subject (and in whole - not just the head or the tail), they are faced with trying to properly 'frame' as well as keep things in focus . . .and the list goes on. Thus when I look at these photos, I am amazed at their clarity and composition. That takes talent!

I don't know if you have ever noticed, but ducks tend to fly together. Thus I am greatly impressed by the numerous single-bird shots Bill captured. Furthermore, I have enjoyed seeing a seemingly 'bland' bird flashing more color than I realized they possessed.

I close this amazing series with some images of our valley 'mascot'. The Trumpeter Swan is a very regal bird. Thus they are always a delight to observe. And, not only did Bill observe them, he captured many lovely photos of the Culver Pond family. While most show only four young, this family has (to date) successfully raised a brood of SIX! Obviously it has been a great year for swans.

I hope you have enjoyed this series. If so, I would encourage you to check out more of Bill's photography at: wklein.smugmug.com.

Lady of the Lake

No comments: