2/07/2008


Defying Gravity

Does anyone else ever feel an urge to defy gravity? I'm not talking about jumping off a tall building. I'm speaking of something more like diving into the depth of a vast blue sky. Or sailing on an eagle's wings.

I can't remember a time when I haven't yearned to 'experience' nature's richness and depth. Here at Elk Lake Resort I've had many opportunities to scratch the surface.

However, after a winter filled with snow - blowing snow, drifting snow, softly falling snow, snow so thick you can hardly see out your window - yesterday dawned bright, blue, and beautiful. The quintessential 'perfect' day.

It was one of those days when the view out your window is so intense it creates almost a physical ache. It was one of those days when I wanted to 'experience' the grandeur.

Why? I don't know. What made Wilbur and Orville want to fly? What made Ben Franklin want to 'know' lightning?

I don't expect to hear of an anti-gravity patent coming out soon. Until it does, I guess I'll just sit back, enjoy the view, and thank God I'm alive!

Lady of the Lake

No comments: